Sunday, July 03, 2005

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

What do you say when nobody wants to hear?
What do you say when you're trying to be polite?
What do you say when you're trying not to take away from another's grief?
What do you say when you're trying to be considerate too late?
What do you say to the one who wants to hear?
I can't believe you want to listen.
You ask me for my thoughts.
You ask me for my heart.
You ask me to keep my distance, but as closely as I can.
You ask me to trust you, but not with everything.
You give me excuses.
You take the easy way.
You take the most familiar.
You take problems down already beaten paths.
You're trying the hard way...
You fit me so well.
You scare me with your lack of concern.
You scare me with the intensity of your concern.
I can't trust without proof.
And I can't speak without making noise, and every head turning in my direction expectantly, because I better have something good to say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tavius said...

finger to ur foreheard, then i smile.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home